Thanks for stopping by to check out my planner layout….just finished this one off in my lunch break! Love it! Thought I would just have a go at a layout that isnt one particular theme…using some stamps from collection (and dreaming about those I will NEED to buy real soon!). I’d also like to share with you some of my reflections about why I am enjoying designing this planner so much…keep on reading!
I just love the Kellie Stamps, Fran Garcia and Heidi Swapp stamps all used on this layout. I am of course using the Basic A5 PLanner Kit from Scrapper’s Delights, as I am on their Planner Design Team. The backgrounds for my planner month of May are using Brusho colour crystals so just love the colour combo of Sunburst Lemon and Orange on this one. I added some black Dylusions paint around the edges to add more of a grungy look to the page.
I pulled a few stickers and die cuts from my stash to personalise it a little more. Take a look at this stamp from Kellie Stamps – un-reel banana peel! I just love it – I used to say this all the time as a kid and just love the Australian kick that Kellie gives to her stamp collections…..my dream is defintely to subscribe and build my stash of Kellie Stamps – I can so relate to them!
So, if you have been reading my blog posts, you will know that I was lucky enough to be accepted on to the Scrapper’s Delights Planner team – woo hoo! As well as terrifying me (would i be god enough….I havent done this before!), I was very excited to get designing and to see where it would lead me. I LOVE it!
I’ve always been a highly organised person and as I get older, I need to write more and more things down — the shopping list, dinner plans, work events, children’s activities and my design team commitments. I am using this planner to primarily keep track of all my design team projects and scrapbooking related ideas etc.
Here are my 5 reasons for using a Planner….do any of these resonate with you?
- Keep track of my design commitments at any moment
- Increases my productivity – gives me focus and allows me to get stuff done
- I plan to succeed – its not a suprise that if you take the time to think things through, set goals and establish a path to acheive them, you will eventually have better success
- Decision making – helps me prioritise and see what I need to complete first
- Provides a sense of accomplishment!
- OKay – I cant keep it to just five….it’s fun! Creatively it’s a different space to completing a scrapbooking layout and the planner gives me the flexibility to do as much or as little as I like to complete it.
I’d love to hear your thoughts about planners…..love them or loathe them, these are how it’s working for me! Until next time….